Poudre River Public Library District’s 2021 Executive Director Search is in full swing! Three final candidates have been selected and will visit the Library District and Fort Collins community October 25-26.
Your ideas about the future of the District and it’s leadership are essential to this process. Review the candidate biographies below. There will be an option for community members to provide feedback to the Library Board of Trustees – more info to come. The Library Board of Trustees welcomes your feedback on the candidates; the links to feedback surveys are below each candidates fact sheet.
About the Candidates
Ashlee Chavez is currently serving as the Library Director for Corvallis-Benton County in the state of Oregon. She holds over 6 years of experience as a Library Director and has multiple years of experience working in public libraries across the Southwest.
She has a Masters in Library and Information Science from Drexel University and a BA in English. In her fact sheet below, her highlighted focuses include a community-engaged directorship and readapting libraries for the modern world.
Mark Fink is currently serving as the County Librarian and Chief Archivist for Yolo County Public Library in Woodland, CA. He has 10+ years of library experience including serving as the Deputy Director of Solano County Library.
He has a Masters in Library and Information Science from San Jose State University, a Master’s in Public Administration, and a Juris Doctorate degree. His focuses include innovation and evolving libraries through mission-driven strategies as below.
Diane Lapierre is currently serving as the Library Director for Loveland Public Library. Lapierre has 4+ years of experience in her current position as Library Director and over a decade of experience working on the Denver Public Library Executive Team.
She has a Masters in Library and Information Science from the University of Wisconsin and a BA in Art History. In her fact sheet below, her highlighted focuses include strengths in motivating innovation and marketing and communications skillsets.
Executive Search Timeline
Step 1: Open Applications (July – September 2021, Complete)
– The Library Board of Trustees accepts applications in a nationwide search for the new executive director.
Step 2: Board of Trustees Application Review (September 2021, Complete)
– A Library Board of Trustees Hiring Committee conducts review of the over 30 applicants narrowing the search to select semi-finalists.
Step 3: Board of Trustees Semi-Finalists Interview Process (September 28-29, 2021, Complete)
– Interviewing of selected semi-finalists to identify the best fit for Poudre River Public Library District’s finalists.
Step 4: Finalists visit Fort Collins (October 25-26, 2021)
– Three finalists will visit the Library District and meet the Fort Collins community on Monday, October 25. More information about each candidate will be available on October 18.
– The public has an opportunity to review the finalists qualifications, ask them questions, and provide feedback about the candidates to the Board of Trustees.
Step 5: Board of Trustees Present Offer to Top Candidate (Late October – Early November 2021)
– The Library Board of Trustees will offer the top candidate the Executive Director position following their in-person interviews.
Step 6: New Executive Director begins (Date to be Determined)
-The new Executive Director will begin leadership of Poudre Library District.
The Library District will provide updates on the search process through its website, monthly newsletter, and social media channels.
This page will also be updated as the executive director search continues.