We’re excited about a brand new digital resource available at the library called TumbleBooks! This eResource is a collection of children’s eBooks with added animation, sound, music, and narration that are perfect for summer reading and entertaining.
TumbleBooks offers digital books on demand, so there are no checkouts, holds, late fees, or fear of spilled apple juice! This makes it perfect for family vacations and road trips since you can use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to access the books.
With everything from Kate DiCamillo picture books to Ivy & Bean chapter books, and from graphic novels to literacy classics like Treasure Island, young readers are sure to find some new favorites (and maybe even experience their old favorites in new ways).
1. TumbleBooks is a unique combination of literacy and technology that covers a diverse range of topics, titles, subjects, authors, and reading levels.
2. There are fiction, nonfiction, and nonfiction-inspired story books.
3. TumbleBooks also offers word searches, puzzles, and other games to accompany the stories.
4. Many books are available in Spanish and French with a few additional bilingual options.
5. There are even educational National Geographic videos to pair with various book topics.
To access TumbleBooks from the library or from home, visit the Poudre River Public Library District website (www.PoudreLibraries.org), click on the green “Research” tab, and then choose either “T” for a title search or “Books and Literature” for a category search. Scroll down to TumbleBooks.
Be sure to bookmark the page so you can easily get back to it again and again!
Don’t forget! 2017 Summer Reading Challenge: Building Dreams is going on now! Sign up online or in-person at one of the three library locations. The first 5,000 people who visit a library after signing up for Summer Reading will receive a free gift.