Guest post from Robin Gard, Poudre River Friends of the Library
Library lovers unite! October 15-21 is National Friends of the Library Week and we would like to acknowledge the hundreds of volunteers who give their time to benefit Poudre River Public Library District.
Did you know:
- Poudre River Friends of the Library has been around since 1939
- Volunteers spent more than 8,000 hours in 2016 and 5,000 hours so far in 2017 helping the Friends collect and process book donations and put on book sales
- We have donated more than $700,000 to Poudre Libraries since 2009
We are the primary funder every year for Summer Reading Program and we help sponsor many other popular series and events, such as Kevin Cook’s Nature Talks, History Comes Alive, the CSU Author Series, Fort Collins Reads, Harmony Music in the Round and library cultural celebrations.
How can you help?
- Re-stock your book supply at our next used book sale Nov. 10-12 at Harmony Library. Proceeds benefit Poudre River Libraries.
- Join the Friends – only $15 a year! Learn more: prfol.org/membership.
- Volunteer – spending a few hours cashiering or tidying books at one of our used book sales, take a shift at the Harmony Shop, or become part of our Sorting crew once a week. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
- Donate your used books to the Friends – a small bag or box can be left at any library. For greater amounts, please stop by Webster House at 301 E. Olive – garage door on west side of building. Read more about donating at poudrelibraries.org/donate/.
Check out our web site at www.prfol.org for more information and like our Facebook page under Poudre River Friends of the Library – and you’ll find out about our next book sale and coming events.
Thank you, Friends of the Library, for more than 75 years of service to our community!