For teens, it’s a much-welcomed break from early alarm clocks, class assignments, and final exams. And, a time where you can spend your days exploring what you’re most interested in – movies, video games, photography, writing…whatever!
Our librarians can recommend books, activities, and tools just for you, around any unique interests.
Are you getting started making videos for your YouTube Channel or maybe you’re a bit more advanced? Library staff can hook you up with the just the right resources for filming and video editing, social media promotion, and more.
Would you prefer to learn by reading a book, listening to an audiobook, or through an online tutorial? Staff can help you there, too.
Stop by any of the three libraries and talk with a librarian for even more suggestions! Be sure to also visit our online events calendar to browse and register for upcoming programs (not all programs require registration).
Here are a few more ways to #ConnectToCuriosity this summer at the Library.
Interest: Gaming & Puzzles
1. Join the Teen Council and help plan the Fall Murder Mystery Party
2. Check out books like
3. Stop by Game Day @ Old Town Library (the third Sunday of each month from noon – 5pm)
4. Drop in to the Teen areas at the libraries to play tabletop games from our collection (or bring your own)
Interest: Movies & Films
1. Download the Kanopy app and start streaming movies, documentaries, and award-winning films
2. Check out the GoPro camera from the Gadgets & Things Collection and film your summer adventures
3. Register for the Teen Mu-V-Chat event in July featuring “Guardians of the Galaxy”
4. Check out favorite movies or watch a new release on DVD
6. Read books like
Interest: Comic Books & Graphic Novels
1. Join other fans of anime and manga at Anime Club
2. Drop in to the teen areas at the libraries to relax and read comic books
3. Attend AnimeCon in July and Fort Collins Comic Con in August
4. Check out books, comic books, and graphic novels like
1. Attend the workshop “Photography & Photo Editing on your Digital Device” in June
2. Check out photography collections like
1. Register for the June Teen Writing Workshop: From Words to Worlds
2. Learn to use WordPress to create your own blog during the June workshop
3. Join other fanfiction writers in the “Do You Dabble?” workshop in July
4. Use Pressbooks to start writing your own book or collection of stories or poetry
5. Get writing advice and inspiration straight from authors with books like
6. Take a look at SELF-e and learn how to self-publish your eBook to the Library’s digital collection
Interest: Arts & Crafts
1. Use Kanopy to stream instructional videos on color, composition, drawing lines and shapes, and more
2. Make blankets and toys for Fort Collins Cat Rescue at “Cat Tails & Tales” in June
3. Borrow a book like
4. Enjoy fiber arts at the “Stitch in Time” program in July
5. Watch an award-winning film like “Loving Vincent” (about Vince Van Gogh) on Kanopy
1. Check out an ukulele or violin from our Gadgets & Things Collection
2. Browse biographies and memoirs of favorite musicians like:
3. Use Kanopy to stream films and documentaries on everything from hip-hop to opera
4. Check out the karaoke system from the Gadgets & Things Collection
Don’t see your area of interest or hobby listed here? Stop by the library and talk with a librarian to get recommendations and resources tailored specifically for you!
And don’t forget to sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge beginning May 28. Why not earn some prizes as you read this summer? Register online at PoudreLibraries.org or drop in to the library.