Chances are, if you are reading this, you probably already have a Poudre River Pubic Library District Library card. Congratulations! We see this as your ticket to opportunity. What other card in your wallet gives you free access to books, music, movies and all sorts of other resources that can change your life – or just make it more fun?
Now is a great time to make sure your friends, family, neighbors, and favorite pizza delivery guy also all have one. Plus, library cardholders can share their library love and win prizes (see contest info below).
This new school year is off to an interesting and challenging start, and your library card gives you access to some amazing, free online tools to help you navigate remote learning.
- BrainFuse provides tutoring and homework help, in addition to skill-building.
- Explora is a resource for students to research news, articles, and more.
- CultureGrams compiles insider perspectives on daily life, culture, history, customs, and lifestyles of the world’s people.
And the list goes on!
Ready to just relax and have some fun? The library also specializes in entertainment – whether you stream movies from Kanopy, listen to new albums on Hoopla, or browse popular magazines on Flipster.
Okay, ready for another fun part?
We have a really cool opportunity for you to show off your library membership – and be entered in a prize drawing!
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Print one of the “Library Cardholders Live Here” signs (English PDF) (Spanish PDF) or pick one up from your library.
2. Place it in your window, your yard, your treehouse, or wherever you’d like. Even hold it up and smile for the camera.
3. Take a picture and post it on social media and tag us @poudrelibraries. You will be automatically entered in a drawing for really awesome prizes. Don’t do social media? Email your picture to Library-PR@poudrelibraries.org.
Last day to share or submit a photo is Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Five (5) winners will be randomly chosen for a prize and notified on October 1.
If you still need a library card, you can apply online for a temporary digital card or come in to one of the libraries for a physical card.
For more information on getting a library card visit www.poudrelibraries.org/borrow/.