It’s Monday and that means a brand new Gnome Zone Challenge for kids! This week features Alphabet Antics!
These are technology free activities and meant for you to go explore both inside and outside as well as involve friends and family. Everyone can get in on the fun and challenge their word and letter nimbleness.
Supplies needed for Alphabet Basket:
- A box, basket, bag, or whatever fun container you want
- Drawing tool and piece of paper (pencil, chalk, markers, crayons, charcoal, pastel) to draw a letter if you want to
Here’s what you do:
Watch and listen as Miss Amy reads “ABC” by Xavier Deneux.
- Link to the story video: https://youtu.be/fEmJdoDDWEE
Then, take part in the basket challenge: Fill your basket or bag with items for each letter of the alphabet (e.g., A is apple).
- Link to the basket challenge video: https://youtu.be/aeucebDcCzQ
Have your friends and family do the actions in Linda’s Limber Tricks and then start spelling words!
Start by spelling your name or any word like Linda does in the video.
- Link to Limber Tricks video: https://youtu.be/8MhAiJwcA_U
“The Why” behind the Challenge:
You will look at the alphabet in brand new ways! Your brain will be ready for other board games and trickery you come across this summer. And it is just another fun way to be with friends and families and even if you’re “babysitting” younger children.
Check out these books for more alphabet fun!
From Miss Linda:
Alphabet Fun: Making Letters with your Body by Isabel Thomas
C is for Colorado written by kids, for kids
I Spy A to Z: A Book of Picture Riddles by Jean Marzollo; photographs by Walter Wick
From Miss Amy:
ABC by Xavier Deneux
Mrs. Peanuckle’s Bug Alphabet with art by Jessie Ford